Moultrie A-5 5MP Low Glow IR Game Camera
Trail cameras don’t get much cheaper than this. Moultrie A-5 is one of the 2013 trail camera releases from Moultrie. It is also among the cheapest models on the market today and therefore it is no wonder that it is among the best selling trail cameras on any online store.
Moultrie A-5 is a simple, easy to set up trail camera that provides 5 megapixel pictures and 10 second AVI video clips at 640×480 resolution. A-5 is equipped with 12-LED low-glow IR flash that won’t spook the game, but still has effective range up to 50 feet.
Photos come tagged with moon phase, time, date and camera ID info. Picture delay settings of A-5 gives you a choice of 1/5/10 and 30 minutes delays. Moultrie A-5 accepts SD/SDHC memory cards up to 32 GB and can take 8000+ images by the power of 4 C-cell batteries that is uses to operate.
A-5 Product Features
- 5 megapixel image resolution
- full color day pictures, black and white night pictures
- photos stamped with time, date, moon phase and camera ID info
- 640×480 AVI video (10 seconds) @ 30fps
- trigger speed approx. 2 s
- 12 low-glow IR LEDs flash with range up to 50 ft
- easy to set up
- small LCD text screen to display settings
- programmable trigger interval: 1/5/10/30 minutes
- powered by 4 C-cell batteries
- takes 8000+ images on one set of batteries
- external power compatible
- adjustable mounting strap with Python® cable compatibility
- SD card slot, supports SD memory card up to 32GB
- size 9” x 6.3” x 4.4”, weight 1.4 pounds
- one year warranty
The price is low, it is easy to use and takes decent quality images and video. What more can you ask from a low cost entry level trail camera?
The low-glow IR flash is virtually undetectable and even though A-5 only has 12 leds in its flash bank, it can still provide clear images up to 50′ away from the camera.
Battery life is very good. A word of warning though: using video mode can drain your batteries rather quickly.
There are no big flaws in Moultrie A-5 trail cam. One of the minor drawbacks is the delay options. The lowest delay option is 1 minute which can be way too long for some purposes (like feeders).
If you are on a shoestring budget or just looking for a simple, easy to use camera, Moultrie A-5 is definitely an option to consider. While it does not offer impressive amount of features, it does provide decent quality photos and videos without hassle.