Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam was one of the best value cameras at the time of its introduction. It soon became one of the best selling models and users loved it.
|Features||Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam|
|Image resolution||8 MP|
|Detection range||45 feet|
|Trigger speed||1 S|
|Battery||4 to 8 AA batteries.|
|Amazon product page||Check price|
However after its release, there have been multiple Trophy Cam model releases from Bushnell and this old model really is not the best Bushnell model, nor the best trail camera in general anymore.
Bushnell trail cameras are among the most popular models in the market. This is because of the compact and cutting-edge features that you will experience when you are using these products.
Build and design
The Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam has a design built for the wild. It makes use of superb plastic that was designed to take a few bumps along the way.
And also, it doesn’t have a bright color which makes it discreet especially in the dark. This is also the reason why it has been used by some households as a security camera.
It can be placed anywhere in your front yard and it won’t even get noticed by people who visit your house. It is also wireless that makes setting up such an easy task.
Aside from that, it also has a weatherproof design that protects the important parts found inside the cellular trail camera.
- Photo resolution: 8MP
- Video resolution: 1280p x 720p
- Flash: IR
One of the biggest Bushnell Trophy cam problems that you get to encounter is its 8MP resolution. When used in the daytime, this camera offers superb results. Simply put, it isn’t enough for a lot of hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.
However, in reality, it provides high-quality images that allow you to distinguish animals without any problems.
When it comes to its video, though it doesn’t give you a full HD capability, the 720p resolution is enough for most situations.
Also, with a 32 IR LED that illuminate subjects at night, this trail camera can provide high-quality photos and videos even at night.
- Picture trigger: 1 second
- Picture recovery speed: 1 second
- Video trigger: 1 second
- Video recovery speed: 1 second
- Detection range: 45 feet
If there is anything that makes the hunters love about the Bushnell Trophy Cam, that’s its fast trigger speed and recovery capability.
It has a 1-second trigger that can capture an animal almost instantaneously once it enters its range. It means that you don’t have to worry that you will miss a fast-moving animal.
However, if you want another angle, you also don’t have to worry since this trail camera also has a fast recovery speed at 1 second. At 45 feet, it has a decent range that can work both in your home or in the wild.
The camera is powered by 4 to 8 AA batteries. It means that if your camera is already running low on power, it still can function given the fact that it can run on half the power.
And since it is a favorite option for home security, this trail camera is compatible with an external power that can be used to make sure that it doesn’t run out of power.
The good news is that the trail camera can run for weeks without changing the batteries. It only means that you can rely on the camera to take a good amount of photos and videos saved in its 32GB SD card.
- One of the best things about this camera is that it comes with the longest battery life as compared to the other trail cameras.
- In addition to that, not very many manufacturers offer trail cameras with 8 MP resolution. This means that the product will allow you to come up with detail-rich images.
- Additionally, the 1-second trigger speed of the product is among the best. This enables you to capture even birds which are in motion.
- This feature is also perfect when you want to take pictures of animals in motion. Bushnell’s 32 GB memory card capacity is also among the best in the market.
- According to user feedback, there are no major problems that you should expect when it comes to the functionality of this model.
- The reality is that this model is not the cheapest trail camera model on the market.
- It is more expensive than many other game cameras from different brands. Yet, the price of the product is properly compensated when it comes to its features.
There is no doubt that Bushnell Trophy Cam 8MP is among the top bets of people looking for entry-level trail cameras.
In general, there is very little negative feedback out there when it comes to this trail camera model.
In a nutshell, it is a great piece of equipment and still selling very well even though it represents the older end of Bushnell’s trail camera offering.
This is why the amount invested in buying this product is very likely worth spending at the end. If you are looking for a cheaper model from Bushnell, then you might want to check the review of Bushnell X-8 in here.