Today in this post we are going to review Browning Strike Force BTC-5 Trail Camera.
Browning Strike Force represents the new Sub Micro Series of Browning trail cameras. And it continues on the same path as the previous Browning models. Browning knows how to make trail cameras that are user-friendly.
Browning BTC-5 Sub-micro 10MP camera specs:
|Features||BTC-5 Trail Camera|
|Battery||6 AA batteries|
|Trigger speed||0.67 seconds|
|Recovery time||Less than 2.5 seconds|
|Detection range||50 feet|
|Amazon product page||Check price|
No compromises have been made what comes to the overall quality of this camera. And what’s best, compared to other similar trail camera models, the price of Strike Force is already at a fairly affordable level.
Now don’t get me wrong, this camera is not among the cheapest ones on the market, far from it. Thus if your main concern is the price you should check the reviews of cheaper models.
But if you are looking for a high quality, value-packed trail camera at $130 price range, then you should definitely read the rest of this review.
Browning BTC-5 Sub-Micro Game Camera reviewed:
Build and design
One of the primary concerns for hunters and outdoor enthusiasts is to keep their cameras discreet. Nocturnal animals tend to observe their surroundings and could get alarmed by bright objects even from afar.
The Browning BTC 5 blends well with the environment given its camouflage exterior. It means that you can set it up on a tree or in front of bushes and animals won’t even suspect that a stealth camera’s there to monitor their movement.
It can easily blend with the environment that even humans won’t notice it.
The Browning Strike Force Trail Camera is also perfect for different types of weather. The casing is made of superior materials that can keep the camera safe from moisture and dust.
And unlike other trail cameras that tend to lag in cold or hot temperatures, Browning Strike Force BTC-5 Trail Camera can tolerate these extreme weather conditions making it a reliable option regardless of the season.
Setting up the camera in the woods is another great feature of the BTC-5 Trail Camera. Users will have an easier time strapping the camera on a tree.
Once you’ve set things up, you won’t have to worry that it might drop or get out of focused.
It is also small enough to fit your hands. This means that you can have an easier time hiding the camera from animals you are looking to observe from afar.
And once you’ve taken your shots, retrieving the SD card and the battery is also easy with this camera. Users can even do it in the dark if you are already used to it.
Browning Strike Force trail camera (model number BTC-5) features 10-megapixel images and comes with powerful IR flash that has a range up to 100ft.
These features ensure that both day and night photos are quite astounding. Strike Force is also capable of recording HD video clips with sound. Prepare yourself that you will be getting plenty of beautiful images with this camera.
Daytime photos don’t get much better than this. Shortly said they are outstanding. Only if the animal is really close in front of the camera some whiteout may appear. Other than that, the night time shots are bright and clear.
Other impressive features of Strike Force include the possibility to take up to 8 multi-shot images or up to 6 rapid-fire images, programmable picture delay options, and time-lapse mode.
- Picture trigger: 0.67 S
- Picture recovery: 2 minute
- Video trigger: 0.67 S
- Video recovery: 2 minute
- Detection range: 50 feet
Strike Force should be able to detect motion up to 50 ft and since the detection angle is wider than the camera’s field of view, you should not miss any animals (or humans) passing the lens.
Browning Strike Force 5 is powered by 6 AA batteries and the manufacturer claims that it can take up to 10,000 shots on one set of batteries. Like in most modern trail cameras, photos and videos are stored on an SD memory card (max. 32GB).
It is recommended to use Lithium batteries to get the best operating time possible. In case you really want to set and forget your camera for a long period of time, you can use the external power pack.
- Nighttime shots are excellent as well, thanks to powerful flash and Browning’s “Zero Blur” technology.
- Strike Force BTC 5 can really detect even the fastest moving animals due to fast trigger speed and recovery time.
- First of all Strike Force is one of the smallest trail cameras on the market.
- Combine this to excellent camo finish and you have yourself a trail camera that is easy to conceal.
- You can install the camera with a strap or use a tree mount and secure it with Python cable lock if you like (who wouldn’t).
- What comes to setting up the camera, it is easy, that’s all you need to know.
- The battery life of Browning Strike Force 5 is excellent.
- It is really hard to find big flaws or any flaws at all from this trail camera, but here are a couple of minor ones.
- Some customers might expect that you would get a viewing screen at this price, like in Browning Spec Ops, but Browning has decided to leave it out from this model and make the camera smaller instead.
- Whether that is a good or bad thing is up you to decide.
- Buttons that are used for setting up the camera are rather small and not as convenient as slide switches that are typically used in trail cameras.
Browning Strike Force 10 MP Camera is an excellent package. It is versatile, offers impressive features, outstanding pictures and the price is more than reasonable.
All we can really say is that if Strike Force fits into your budget it will surely be a purchase that you won’t regret.