Moultrie Game Spy D-55IRXT features
- 5 MP image resolution
- Full-color day pictures, black and white night pictures
- High, Medium and Low picture resolution settings
- High and Low video resolution settings
- Photos stamped with time, date, moon phase and temperature info
- 1.7s trigger speed, recovery time 8s
- 26 IR LEDs flash with a range up to 50 ft
- Detection range up to 45 ft
- Trail Cam Mode takes still photos when the game is detected
- Plot Cam Mode takes photos at specified intervals and combines them as video
- In Hybrid Mode camera operates in Plot Cam Mode during the day and Trail Cam Mode during night
- Fast Fire Continuous Shooting Mode captures up to 3 photos per second
- Video Mode captures 640×480 AVI video up to 30 seconds (10 seconds at night)
- Picture delay 15 sec, 30 sec, 1-60 minutes
- Powered by 6 C-cell batteries
- External power compatible
- SD card slot supports SD memory card up to 32GB
- Weatherproof casing and mounting strap
- Compact size 6” x 5” x 3.5”
- 1-year warranty
- The picture quality of D-55IRXT is actually quite excellent for a trail camera of this price.
- The daytime pictures are clear and have a beautiful color.
- The IR flash of the camera has plenty of power and thus the camera produces clear nighttime IR shots.
- The recovery time of only 8 seconds is a vast improvement over the previous model.
- The 45 ft. detection range is impressive.
- The camera can easily detect small animals like birds and squirrels at 10-20 ft, people and bigger game animals at 40-45 ft.
- The battery life is also improved and during normal operation, the Moultrie D-55ir XT should easily operate for 2 months without changing the 6 c cell batteries.
- The operation of the camera is really simple and the instruction manual provides clear guidelines on how different features are used and programmed.
- Let’s be honest, the trigger time of 1.7 seconds isn’t that great and can lead to blurry pictures, especially during nighttime. However, you can partly overcome this problem with smart camera placement.
- Some customers have reported having SD card problems with this camera. These included read/write problems and locking of SD card.
- In general, these problems have occurred at the very beginning so these customers have been able to make a warranty return.
With its good picture quality, 45 ft range, ease of programming features and solid durability, Moultrie D-55IRXT may just be one of the best daytime/nighttime cameras for the price.