|Features||Covert Scouting MP6|
|Image resolution||Adjustable image resolution (6, 5, or 3 MP)|
|Battery||Powered by 4 or 8 AA batteries|
|Supporting modes||1.Time-lapse mode|
2. Photo burst mode takes 1, 2, or 3 shots per trigger
3. Start-stop mode allows you to select the time the camera is operational
|Flash range||Red Glow IR flash with a range up to 40ft.|
|Amazon product page||Check price|
Covert Scouting Cameras Inc. is a company providing various trail camera models from basic entry-level cameras to more advanced ones under the brand of Covert Scouting Cameras, or more commonly just Covert.
Covert Scouting MP6 Camera Review
Build and design
Covert Scouting MP6 is a nice package. Setting up is easy, thanks to the color display and user-friendly setting logic. The casing is well designed and waterproof. Camouflage pattern and somewhat small size make it easy to conceal in the woods.
That means of course that its price has come down as newer Covert models have entered the market. And the lower price is something that naturally suits us, the customers, perfectly.
Covert MP6 is actually an older model in Covert’s line-up of trail cameras as it has been on the market at least since 2012.
Covert MP6 provides solid quality 6-megapixel daytime pictures and more than adequate night time pictures as well. The 28 LED red glow IR flash of the camera has enough power to nicely illuminate objects that are within 40 ft.
The nighttime shots are not as good as the daytime ones but can be considered as average.
Other worth-to-mention features of this camera include time-lapse, photo burst and start-stop modes, adjustable PIR sensor and color display to view the settings as well the photos on the field. You can also select the resolution of still images and video clips.
The detection range of Covert Scouting MP6 is really good; it is able to detect motion even up to 70ft. Also, the detection width is really good, almost too good actually, as the detection width is wider than the camera’s field of view, and that can result to empty frames.
The trigger speed is on the average level; approx. 1.2 seconds, but the recovery time of approx 5 seconds is not bad at all for a camera at this price point.
MP6 stores the photos and videos on standard SD card; you can use SD card size up to 16GB. The camera is powered by AA batteries and you can select whether you want to use four or eight batteries to run it.
If you use a full set of 8 AA Lithium batteries to power it, it will take months before you need to start worrying about running out of juice. And you can extend the operating time even more by attaching 6V external power pack to the camera.
- The daytime picture quality is simply good.
- And when you reflect the picture quality to the price of this camera, we can say that the value MP6 provides in this area is excellent.
- The battery life of this camera is absolutely superb. So if you are looking for a trail camera that can operate a long time on its own, this might be a camera for you.
- The detection range of MP6 is very good as it can detect movement up to 70 ft.
- Because of the red glow, IR LED flash, Covert MP6 might not be the best option for property surveillance.
- Also, the range of the flash is rather limited when compared to some competing models.
- Since the detection area is wider than the camera’s field of view, you may end up getting some empty photos.
Covert MP6 is a good basic trail camera. The overall quality of the camera is good and the majority of the customers seem to be more than satisfied with it.
And the price is not bad either. To put it briefly Covert MP6 is a solid choice for any budget-minded hunter or any trail camera enthusiast out there.