Moultrie’s Power Panel is an efficient combination of a solar panel, built-in 12-volt battery and innovative software, that can extend your camera life indefinitely in the field.
- Compatible with Moultrie 2007 and later digital trail cameras
- Solar panel and built-in 12v battery
- LCD display for solar panel and battery information
- Limited warranty available
- Easy to mount
- 10-ft. extension cord allows optimal placement
- Completely weather resistant
Features of the LCD screen display
- Shows real-time solar value that aids in mounting
- Shows daily solar average ie. daily solar efficiency
- Shows weekly solar average ie. weekly solar efficiency
- Shows built-in battery charge level
Never worry about changing the batteries in your trail camera again. This Solar Power Panel provides a continued power source for Moultrie Trail cameras and you don’t have to worry about missing a shot because of dead batteries.
Moultrie 12-Volt Solar Panel Review:
Design and build
The Moultrie 12 Volt Solar Panel has been designed for the outdoors. It may look a bit bulky, but that’s a necessity to capture enough light to run the game cameras that you have in the wild.
Just to give you an idea, the longest part of the solar panel is around 8 inches. The weight for the solar panel is quite light at 1.19 pounds.
If you are going to follow the Moultrie Solar Panel manual, this is easy to use. Even for first-timers, you can easily set this up to power and even extend your trail cam battery life.
This is a great option to set up on top of a tree. This way, it gets the sunlight it needs.
As far as durability is concerned, this solar panel is lightweight. Though it could tolerate the harsh environment, you will still have to pack it up once you have a typhoon or strong winds.
It could break or be taken away by strong wind given its weight. However, if you are only dealing with a bit of rain or fair weather, then you don’t exactly have to worry about anything.
Though it isn’t the most durable option that you can have in the wild, there are instances when it can get the job done. It can be a great option to power your trail cameras especially if you have rechargeable batteries.
- Moultrie 12V Solar panel is especially good if you own a trail camera model that eats a lot of batteries.
- You can save a bundle of batteries and the solar panel will literally pay for itself.
- The panel is very easy to use and adjust.
- The LCD display gives you good feedback for adjusting the panel so that you can maximize the solar energy obtained.
- The use of the panel also enables you to use larger memory cards in your camera when you don’t have to worry about batteries draining out.
- The wires between the panel and the trail camera are thin enough for varmints like squirrels and raccoons to chew through them.
- This can be a real problem in some installations, so you may need to figure out a way to protect the wires.
- Some customers have reported problems with the power connector with the older trail camera models (eg. Moultrie D40, Moultrie D-55). Apparently, in some older models, the connector does not fit properly and can fall out quite easily.
In most cases, the Moultrie 12V Power Panel is an excellent buy. In the long run, you can save a ton of money not having to replace the batteries all the time.
If you own a trail camera model that drains batteries easily, then this power panel is definitely a product for you.